Imagine white lace, crisp linen, and your loved ones assembled in nature’s cathedral: a floor of white sand, looking out on translucent sapphire waters, with a canopy of lush tropical vegetation overhead. That dream can be yours at a Dominican Republic destination wedding.
Carol Cain, founder of GirlGoneTravel.com, explains why she chose to wed on the island, “Though I was born in the US, my cultural influence and upbringing is Dominican. I wanted to have a wedding that was representative of the festive, laid back, feel of the island, the music, the food (oh man, the food) and the people, but I also wanted to get married on the beach, and the beaches there are some of the most beautiful in the world.
A wedding in the Dominican Republic offers budget-saving value in a stunning tropical paradise setting. Cain says,
“The truth is that most money is spent on details such as floral arrangements, food, band, even table settings, but the real winner and what you and guests will most remember is the beach and the sunset. If you can keep it simple the landscape of this beautiful island will do the rest.”
Additional benefits, cited by specialty website www.DestinationWeddings.com, include an exotic twist on the traditional wedding, and an unforgettable vacation for you and your guests. And an all-inclusive wedding resort makes it easy to relax and enjoy the special day, or even days.
At my sister’s wedding in Punta Cana, we arrived a couple of days before the wedding and stayed a week. There was time to enjoy getting ready for the celebration, and because it was held at an all-inclusive wedding resort, we met for food and drinks throughout the day, alternating between sit-down meals and beach or poolside snacks. During the day, we enjoyed to included watersports. And in the evening, we danced the night away at the resort’s bar.
Best of all, says Becca of Studio B Photography, is the bond that forms when
“bride and groom have their closest family and friends join them in a fantastic location and everyone melds together into one big super family.”
On a Caribbean island of this size and stature, you can expect to find a wide variety of resorts well able to exceed all expectations for a destination wedding.
Not sure yet? Here are 23 more Caribbean Islands to choose from when planning your destination wedding.
The Most Romantic Resorts For A Dominican Republic Destination Wedding:
(1) Casa De Campo
Casa de Campo is a tropical gem on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic, “Sprawling over 7000 acres, each guest receives their own golf cart just to be able to get from point to point!” says MJ of Michael B. Johnston Photography.
Elegant ceremonies and full-service setup are mainstay features of the “Caribbean’s most complete resort.” Casa de Campo offers several event venues, from simple beach spots to a dramatic terrace on a terrace at Altos De Chavon, a replica 16th-century Mediterranean village.
Learn More: Casa de Campo Wedding Services.
(2) Dreams Resorts
Dreams Resorts – With multiple locations in the Dominican Republic including the all-inclusive Dreams Royal Beach Punta Cana on the Atlantic Ocean and Dreams Dominicus La Romana on the Caribbean Sea; you’re sure to find the one that’s just right for you.
Free wedding package with qualifying stay, extras available include fireworks, a bonfire, and private sunset cruises.
(3) Grand Palladium Resorts
The Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa is an all-inclusive, beachfront resort located on the stunning Playa Bávaro in Punta Cana. It boasts luxurious suites, world-class dining options, and rejuvenating spa facilities. This is a great option for families as they can partake of all that is offered by the four all-inclusive Palladium Group properties, with the sole exception of the VIP options only available at the adult-only TRS Turquesa.
Both the TRS Turquesa at Punta Cana and the TRS Cap Cana Waterfront & Marina Hotel offer gorgeous wedding venues and guest rooms with swim-up balconies, but guests must be 18 and older.
Learn More: Palladium Weddings in Punta Cana.
(4) Secrets Resorts
The adults-only, all-inclusive luxury retreats at Secrets Resorts are set amidst the country’s most picturesque beaches. They offer excellent amenities, gourmet dining options, and sumptuous accommodations. There are two Secrets locations in the Dominican Republic: Secrets Cap Cana Resort & Spa and Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana.
Learn More: Wedding Packages at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana.
(5) Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
The vibrant all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana resort blends the energy of a casino, the relaxation of luxury accommodations, and the enjoyment of rock and roll memorabilia, all set against a backdrop of a stunning tropical beach.
Learn More: Wedding Packages range from simple Elopement to elaborate Indian Weddings.
(6) Riu Resorts
(7) Majestic Resorts
Built with romance in mind, with some suites featuring Jacuzzis, Majestic Resorts has three all-inclusive hotels in Punta Cana: Majestic Elegance, Majestic Colonial, and Majestic Mirage, all on Playa Bávaro. Free Wedding Package with qualifying stay.
FAQs – Dominican Republic Destination Weddings
How much does a destination wedding cost in the Dominican Republic?
The cost of a destination wedding in the Dominican Republic can vary greatly depending on various factors such as the chosen venue, number of guests, level of luxury, and additional services required. On average, couples might expect to spend anywhere from $5,000 to $15,000 for a moderate wedding. However, for more luxurious venues and expansive guest lists, costs can easily exceed this range, potentially reaching $20,000 or more. It’s important to check with wedding planners or resorts in the area for the most current pricing information.
Some resorts offer significant discounts, or even a free wedding package, with a qualifying number of rooms. Riu Resorts even offers a free wedding package for less than 10 guests, but what it includes is very limited. A simple beach wedding begins at under $3000 at most resorts but quickly escalates with the addition of “extras.”
How to plan a destination wedding in the Dominican Republic?
Planning a destination wedding in the Dominican Republic can be a fantastic adventure, filled with the excitement of choosing a beautiful Caribbean setting for your special day. Here are some steps to help guide you through the process:
- Determine Your Budget: The first step in planning any wedding is to set a budget. This will guide your decisions about everything from venue to guest list to decorations.
- Choose the Right Venue: The Dominican Republic has a plethora of beautiful venues, from beachfront resorts to private villas. All-inclusive resorts are a stress-free option as all meals and most activities are covered. But research various options to see which aligns best with your wedding vision.
- Hire a Wedding Planner: While not strictly necessary, a wedding planner who is familiar with the Dominican Republic can help navigate local logistics, vendors, and legalities. They can be your on-the-ground liaison, especially if you’re planning from afar. Many of the resorts listed above offer wedding planning services.
- Understand the Legal Requirements: Make sure you understand the legal requirements for getting married in the Dominican Republic. These can include necessary documents, waiting periods, and residency requirements. The US Embassy lists the requirements for US citizens to wed in the Dominican Republic.
- Choose Your Vendors: Depending on your venue, you may need to choose external vendors for catering, photography, flowers, and entertainment. Look for vendors who have experience with destination weddings in the Dominican Republic. However, most resorts have a list of preferred vendors.
- Send Save-the-Dates Early: Since travel is involved, it’s crucial to give your guests plenty of notice so they can make arrangements. Bear in mind that guest reservations may impact the price of the wedding at some resorts.
- Plan Your Travel: Make sure your passports are up to date and that you’ve arranged for flights and accommodations. Also, think about transportation to and from the airport and the wedding venue.
- Think About Extras: Would you like a welcome party? A day-after brunch? Excursions for your guests? These extras can make your wedding a memorable getaway for your guests, but they need to be planned in advance.
- Visit if Possible: If your budget and time allow, plan a visit to the Dominican Republic to see your venue and meet with potential vendors. If this isn’t possible, be sure to have a trusted person on the ground.
- Enjoy Your Day: Remember that the goal is to celebrate your love and commitment. Try not to get too caught up in the details and enjoy your special day in this beautiful paradise.
More Caribbean Getaways:
- Cabrera, Dominican Republic: The Caribbean’s Best-Kept Secret
- Nassau, Bahamas; Fun In Paradise Island
- St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands: The Definitive Travel Guide
- St. Barths, French Caribbean Luxe
- 7 Unusual Grand Cayman Attractions; A Travel Guide
- It’s Better In the Abaco Islands; The Other Side of the Bahamas
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We’re not responsible for content on external websites linked to ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we have vetted, but can’t guarantee that your experience will be exactly the same.
Posts may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. Several of our trips are also compensated by the respective tourism boards for the city or state we are visiting. This never impacts how we share the destination with you – opinions are always our own and we pride ourselves on that. We do not sell links or accept unsolicited guest posts under any circumstances. Don’t even ask.
United States Copyright, Getaway Mavens, LLC