Imagine white lace, crisp linen, and your loved ones assembled in nature’s cathedral: a floor of white sand, looking out on translucent sapphire waters, with a canopy of lush tropical vegetation overhead. That dream can be yours at a Dominican Republic destination wedding.
Carol Cain, founder of GirlGoneTravel.com, explains why she chose to wed on the island, “Though I was born in the US, my cultural influence and upbringing is Dominican. I wanted to have a wedding that was representative of the festive, laid back, feel of the island, the music, the food (oh man, the food) and the people, but I also wanted to get married on the beach, and the beaches there are some of the most beautiful in the world.
A wedding in the Dominican Republic offers budget-saving value in a stunning tropical paradise setting. Cain says, “The truth is that most money is spent on details such as floral arrangements, food, band, even table settings, but the real winner and what you and guests will most remember is the beach and the sunset. If you can keep it simple the landscape of this beautiful island will do the rest.”
Additional benefits, cited by specialty website www.DestinationWeddings.com, include an exotic twist on the traditional wedding, and an unforgettable vacation for you and your guests. Best of all, says Becca of Studio B Photography, is the bond which forms when “bride and groom have their closest family and friends join them in a fantastic location and everyone melds together into one big super family.”
On a Caribbean island of this size and stature, you can expect to find a wide variety of resorts well able to exceed all expectations for a destination wedding. Here are a few of the most romantic resorts for a dream wedding:
- Casa de Campo – A tropical gem on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic, “Sprawling over 7000 acres, each guest receives their own golf cart just to be able to get from point to point!” says MJ of Michael B. Johnston Photography. Elegant ceremonies and full-service set up are mainstay features of the “Caribbean’s most complete resort.”
- Dreams Resort – With two locations in the Dominican Republic: Dreams Punta Cana on the Atlantic Ocean and Dreams La Romana on the Caribbean Sea; you’re sure to find the one that’s just right for you. Free wedding package with qualifying stay, extras available include: fireworks, a bonfire, and private sunset cruises.
- Now Resorts Punta Cana – Indulge in unlimited luxury, and relax knowing that all wedding planning is well in hand with detailed and comprehensive romance packages.
- Riu Resorts – Multiple resorts in Puerta Cana and Puerta Plata offer a wide selection of wedding packages at various price points, in addition to the popular Free Wedding Package.
- Majestic Resorts –Built with romance in mind, available suites with Jacuzzis, at two resorts in Punta Cana: Majestic Elegance and Majestic Colonial, both on Playa Bávaro. Free Wedding Package with qualifying stay.
- Barceló Resorts – Four resorts in Punta Cana and Punta Plata offer a variety of locations and wedding packages with onsite planners to take care of all the details.
Article previously published on www.BeingLatino.us on March 29, 2012.