Built for the 1964-1965 New York World’s Fair, the 12-story high, stainless steel Unisphere remains standing in Flushing Meadows Corona Park in Queens, New York City. At night, with the flashing beams of jets taking off from nearby LaGuardia Airport, the World’s Fair Globe takes on an otherworldly air. Appropriate enough for an event that signaled the dawn of the Space Age.
Discover the side of New York City that tourists rarely see in the Getaway Mavens Guide to Flushing, NY.
Looking for more getaway ideas? See New York City Getaway Guides:
- Flushing NY and Corona NY: As Close As You’re Going to Get to China (and Sachmo) in the USA
- Long Island City and Astoria Queens NY: The Other New York City
- Central Park South: The New York City of the Movies
- Downtown NYC: I’ll Take Lower Manhattan
- See the Real Stephan and Other Opportunities in Midtown Manhattan
- See New York Getaways for all destinations in the state.
Camera NIKON D810
Focal Length 24 mm
Exposure Time 15 seconds